The Division of Academic Affairs supports the Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE) through the following activities:
- Reviews and analyzes proposals from institutions of higher education who are seeking the statutorily-required approval by IBHE for operating and degree granting authority. See IBHE Approval & Review.
- Updates the IBHE searchable databases that provide information about academic programs in Illinois, the institutions of higher education that provide academic programs, and the students being served. See Academic Degree Programs, Colleges & Universities, Degree Program Inventory, or Enrollments & Degrees.
- Supports articulation initiatives and directs students to information about the transferability of courses and degrees. See Transfer of Academic Credits, iTransfer, or u.select Illinois (formerly known as the Course Applicability System or CAS).
- Seeks to improve the educational pipeline from preschool through college in
with multi-agency initiatives such as the American Diploma Project, P-20 Council, School Leadership Preparation, Teacher Education, College Readiness, and Dual Credit. See P-20 Education Pipeline.
- Provides annual reports on the status of students who have traditionally been underrepresented in higher education. This includes data on
African-Americans, Hispanics, females, and students with disabilities. See Underrepresented Groups Report .