The Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE) coordinates Illinois’ system of colleges and universities and works to improve student college and career success. The Illinois higher education system serves nearly 925,000 students enrolled at 233 campuses, including public universities, community colleges, and private not-for-profit and proprietary institutions of higher education, which award more than 195,000 degrees and certificates annually.
ABOUT THE JOB
The IBHE is currently accepting applications for a full-time Web and Database Developer in Springfield, Illinois. This position is responsible for maintaining, improving and managing the IBHE web site and serving as the webmaster. The person in this position will develop and support both internal and public-facing web sites and applications, and internal reporting interfaces.
- Consult with internal clients and other team members to design and develop solutions that are interactive, data-driven and user-friendly.
- Manage and implement the full project lifecycle of development activities from initial concept to final implementation of the finished product.
- Support HTML pages and legacy ASP applications using Adobe Dreamweaver and SQL Server 2005.
- Support legacy database applications using Microsoft Access and SQL Server 2005.
- Upgrade existing and develop new web applications using ASP.NET, VB.NET, HTML, CSS and SQL Server.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Minimum of 5 years experience using CSS, designing HTML and ASP web pages, building web applications using VB.NET, and building forms and reports in MS-Access; and
- Working knowledge of Dreamweaver, Photoshop, MS-Excel and MS-Word
DESIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Self-starter and able to work independently;
- Works effectively within a team environment;
- Detail-oriented and able to accurately document projects;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Able to prioritize and effectively manage multiple assignments and projects;
- Commitment to quality; and
- Communicates effectively with both technical and non-technical staff in speech and writing.
For full consideration, submit a letter of application, resume, salary history and names and contact information of three professional references to the following address by March 7, 2014 (new deadline):
Illinois Board of Higher Education
431 E. Adams, 2nd Floor
Springfield, IL 62701-1404