The Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE) is currently accepting applications for a full-time Budget Officer in Springfield. Under the supervision of the Executive Deputy Director, this position is responsible for all fiscal and procurement functions of the IBHE and supervises the day-to-day operations of two budget analysts.
- Maintain the Board’s internal accounting records and reconcile to Illinois Office of Comptroller reports.
- Prepare financial reports, including monthly financial reports, annual budget forms, and annual GAAP package.
- Review contracts and intergovernmental agreements for compliance with State Procurement Act.
- Coordinate work with all external auditors as the IBHE liaison.
- Prepare any special budget analyses and reports requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. Prefer Certified Public Accountant.
- Minimum of three to five years experience in government or not-for-profit accounting.
- Prefer working knowledge of accounting systems required of Illinois state agencies, including Central Payroll, Accounting Information System (AIS), Statewide Accounting Management System (SAMS), IL Office of Comptroller WEDGE, and Illinois Procurement Bulletin (IPB).
DESIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS:
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent writing skills to draft professional reports and correspondence that are clear and concise
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Excellent numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
For full consideration, submit a cover letter, a resume with a detailed work history and educational background, the contact information of three professional references, and a copy of college transcript(s).
All application materials should be submitted by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, November 4, 2014 to:
Karen Helland, Illinois Board of Higher Education
431 E. Adams, 2nd Floor, Springfield, IL 62701-1404
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer