The Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE) is seeking a qualified Fiscal Analyst to join our staff in Springfield, Illinois. This position works directly with the Deputy Director for Fiscal Affairs & Budgeting as part of the team responsible for the development of the state’s annual budget recommendations for higher education and related policy development. This position performs high level calculations and conducts or assists in a wide variety of financial studies.
- Develops recommendations for state funding based on priorities of the Board of Higher Education, executive guidelines, legislative policies, core missions, and performance-based funding metrics.
- Analyzes budget requests for operations and capital projects from public institutions of higher education and the state agencies that support higher education.
- Monitors appropriations and expenditures, special legislative projects, and higher education finance policies.
- Participates in cross-departmental, collaborative data management and reporting projects.
- Assists with reviewing and coordinating administration of grant programs.
- Communicates regularly with public universities, higher education agencies, and other stakeholders regarding data collection and analysis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration, public administration, or related discipline. Master’s degree or graduate work is desired.
- Minimum of two years of experience in public sector budgeting or fiscal analysis.
DESIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS:
- Ability to analyze data and information, draw conclusions, and make recommendations
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with staff and stakeholders
- Strong project management, time management, and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheets
For full consideration, submit (1) a letter of interest clearly describing how you meet the qualifications, (2) your chronological resume/work history depicting work experience and education that support your letter of interest and (3) at least 3 professional references including names, professional titles, and current phone numbers.
All application materials should be submitted by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 to:
Karen Helland, Illinois Board of Higher Education
1 N. Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite #333, Springfield, IL 62701
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer